Magnetic couplings are shaft couplings that use a magnetic field instead of a physical mechanical connection to transmit torque from one shaft to another. They are non-contact and utilize attraction and repulsion of the magnetic poles to transmit rotational power. Magnetic couplers tolerate large misalignments and produce no noise, vibration or thermal conduction.
Non-contact synchronous couplings have a softer start and stop function than most standard couplings and can be used as a torque limiting device since there are no mechanically engaged parts. They can be used in a linear or rotary configuration and are suitable for use in wet or harsh environments. Magnetic couplings are a common choice for mechanical applications including transmissions, pumps, compressors and assembly systems.
The design and performance of permanent magnetic shaft couplings from Miki Pulley allows for zero wear and dust generation and the configurations are versatile for use in various engagement angles and installations. You can also adjust the maximum transmittable torque by increasing or decreasing the distance between the two hubs. Additional features and benefits include:
- Provides high flexibility
- Absorbs vibration and impact
- Torque ranging from 2.66 in-lbs. to 1610 in-lbs. (0.3 Nm to 182 Nm)
- Bore sizes range from 0.325” to 2.16” (8mm to 55mm)
Miki Pulley offers magnetic shaft couplings in four styles to meet your requirements. Request a quote for non-contact couplings or contact us to discuss which option is best for your application.
Magnetic Coupling Options
Non-contact shaft couplings from Miki Pulley feature neodymium magnets and inner and outer drives that do not touch. They do not experience any wear and are a maintenance-free solution for linear and rotary shaft coupling applications.
Our permanent magnetic coupling options are as follows:
CP Series Magnetic Couplings
The CP Series has a basic butt shaft structure and provides easy attachment, detachment and centering.
- Maximum transmission torque: 15.79Nm
- Bore size range: 0.315” ~0.590” (8mm~15mm)
CO Series Magnetic Couplings
Features a parallel shaft structure and provides easy attachment and detachment.
- Maximum transmission torque: 0.610Nm
- Bore size range: 0.472” ~ 0.591” (12mm~15mm)
MP Series Magnetic Couplings
The MP Series has an orthogonal axis miter structure and is adaptable to narrow pitches. Can be used in cylinder-to-cylinder, cylinder-to-disc or disc-to-disc configurations.
- Maximum transmission torque: 0.623Nm
- Bore size ranges: 0.394” ~ 0.984” (10mm~25mm)
ML Series Magnetic Couplings
The ML Series coupling features an orthogonal axis miter structure that is compact and adjustable to narrow pitches.
- Maximum transmission torque: 0.195Nm
- Bore size ranges: 0.315” ~ 0.591” (8mm~15mm)
[Specifications and Dimensions]
|Set Model||Transmission torque [N・m]（at.20℃）||Reference diagram||A [mm]||B [mm]||C [mm]||D [mm]||E [mm]||F [mm]||G [mm]||K [mm]||M nominal||Set mass[kg]|
Advantages of Using Magnetic Couplings
Magnetic couplings from Miki Pulley absorb vibration and impact and transmit torque ranging from 2.66 in-lbs. to 1610 in-lbs. (0.3 Nm to 182 Nm) depending on the coupling you select. Our synchronous shaft couplings are easy to adjust and designed to deliver high performance. They may also transmit torque through non-ferrous walls, enabling motor isolation.
Features and benefits of magnetic shaft couplings include:
- Non-contact design for wear-free, maintenance-free operation
- Quiet operation
- Ability to tolerate large misalignments
- Easy to install and disassemble
- Ideal for torque limiting applications
- Performs in wet environments or where chemicals are present